Linn County VA Clinic
Our mission is to support Veterans who are experiencing homelessness, or who are at risk of homelessness, or serious mental illness by promoting physical and mental health, assisting in securing and maintaining housing, employment and by working with Veterans to achieve increased community integration. The Linn County VA Community Resource and Referral Center (CRRC) is one of 17 VA centers nationally aimed at ending Veteran homelessness. Linn County VA Clinic is located in Cedar Rapids.
Location and contact information
Health services offered here
Click on a service for more details like location, contact, and appointment information.
Contact us to schedule, reschedule, or cancel your appointment. If a referral is required, you’ll need to contact your primary care provider first.
VA social workers support clients with a wide range of services. Veterans’ diverse needs range from help with administrative functions to long-term clinical interventions.
Here are just some of the ways that VA social workers can help:
- Assistance with access to care.
- Education and assistance with financial or housing resources.
- Linkage to resources from VA or community agencies.
- Education and application for benefits from the VA, Social Security and other government and community programs.
- Assessment and implementation of treatment approaches which address needs related to social determinants of health.
- Facilitate Veteran communication with inter professional healthcare teams on goals of care discussions and advanced care planning.
- Education and linkage to resources offering support for caregivers.
- Provision of case management.
- Provision of counseling and other evidence based therapeutic interventions.