Volunteer or donate
Iron Mountain VA Healthcare System depends on the goodwill of our supporters. You can make a difference when you help us serve our Veterans.
Become a volunteer
There are many ways you can volunteer to serve Veterans, their families and caregivers, and staff at the VA. From serving as a volunteer driver across our catchment area to onsite support at our coffee desk, to greeting patients and assisting them with way finding, to supporting activities in our Community Living Center, there are many opportunities to interact with Veterans, guests and staff and give your time to support our Nation's Heroes!
Volunteer needs will vary throughout the year, but if you are interested in volunteering, please contact us for more information!
Voluntary Service 906-774-3300, ext. 32780
Make a difference for our Veterans and their families by donating to support one of many different programs listed below. Grocery, gas and Walmart gift cards are also frequently requested/needed.
- Butterfly Wish Program – Similar to a Make a Wish Program, our Hospice and Palliative Care team strives to give our Community Living Center and Home-Based Primary Care patients an opportunity to make a wish come true as they near the end of their life.
- Canteen Books – Canteen books are used as prizes for patient recreational games and patient haircuts.
- Coffee Program – As a courtesy to patients and visitors, we offer coffee and cookies during their visit to this facility.
- Emergency Social Work Fund – Emergency funding to veterans experiencing financial hardship.
- E-Range Program – Our specialized teams travel and reach out to veterans with severe mental health issues. The team members help establish links to VA medical services and help coordinate local community while creating opportunities to socialize and interact with other Veterans.
- General Purpose - All donations made to the general purpose fund are used for the direct benefit of veterans. These donations are used for programs, services and items not covered in other areas.
- Holiday Programs – Supports patient programs for Veterans Day, The Holiday Party, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Columbus Day, New Year’s Eve, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, and Thanksgiving Day programs.
- Homeless Veteran Program – This provides support to a wide variety of needs for our homeless veterans.
- Hospice Care – Donations to this area provide an increased quality of life for those patients with life-threating conditions.
- Recreational Activities – Donations to this area help cover the costs of recreational activities and programs for our resident and outpatient veterans.
- Special Events – Assists with patient activities that are not specifically related to a holiday (fairs, concerts, picnics, rodeo, cookouts), Patient Carnival, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, National Salute to Veterans Week, Homecoming Week, POW/MIA and Annual Memorial Service.
- Spiritual & Pastoral Care – It is the obligation of every VA Medical Center to provide for the unique and diverse spiritual needs of our patients. Donations to this fund aid in the delivery of these services.
- Vet Center – Donations to this fund help support the Escanaba Veteran’s Center with desired items.
- Welcome Home – As our troops return from overseas we make special efforts to get them enrolled for services at this facility. Donations to this program help sponsor these Welcome Home Events and outreach.
- Women’s Veteran Program – The growing population of Women Veterans present unique needs for support, including those for expecting mothers, those with children and other general women’s needs.
Donations, checks payable to IMVA, or gift cards can be mailed to:
Iron Mountain VA Medical Center
Attn: Voluntary Service
325 East H Street
Iron Mountain, MI 49801