At the VA Lebanon Healthcare System, we’re dedicated to improving the lives of you and your family every day.
About the VA Lebanon Healthcare System
The Lebanon Healthcare System provides you with world-class health care and trains America’s future health care providers.
Health care and services
We provide you with health care services at 6 locations: 1 medical center (hospital) and 5 community-based outpatient clinics. We also have 2 community living centers (nursing homes). To learn more about the services each Lebanon health care location offers, visit the Lebanon health care page.
The Lebanon Healthcare System is one of the leading VA health care systems in Pennsylvania. We’re a top-ranked and innovative care center within the Veterans Integrated Service Network 4 (VISN 4). VISN 4 includes medical centers in Altoona, Butler, Coatesville, Erie, Lebanon, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Wilkes-Barre in Pennsylvania; Wilmington in Delaware; and 44 VA outpatient clinics in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio.
Teaching and learning
The VA Lebanon Medical Center is one of the leading teaching hospitals in the area. We have partnerships with the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, based at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania, and other local educational institutions.
Each year, about 350 interns, residents, and fellows train at our facility. We have residency programs in cardiology, dentistry, internal medicine, hematology/oncology (blood disease and cancer care), ophthalmology (vision care), pharmacy, podiatry, and psychiatry.
- In 2022, we served 49,676 Veterans in our 9-county service area, including 7,417 Veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and 5,060 women Veterans.
- In 2022, we had 2,068 full-time employees, including 681 nursing staff, 102 primary-care providers and specialists, 92 social workers, and 35 psychologists.
- 15.7% of our employees are Veterans.
- Our annual operating budget is about $742 million.
- We have 188 operating beds: 69 hospital beds, 76 community living center (nursing home) beds, and 43 beds in our psychosocial residential rehabilitation treatment program.
- In 2022, we had 531,741 outpatient visits and 3,013 hospital admissions. Our doctors performed 2,116 surgeries.
The Lebanon Healthcare System achieved accreditation or recognition from organizations like:
- Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (continuing accreditation)
- American Association of Blood Banks
- American Society of Health System Pharmacists
- Blind Veteran Association
- College of American Pathology
- Long Term Care Institute
- Office of Security and Law Enforcement—Vulnerability Assessment Survey
- Accreditation of Psychology Internships and Residents
- The Joint Commission for Hospitals, Home Care, and Behavioral Health Programs
- National Health Physics Program
- Accreditation of Pharmacy Residencies
- Behavioral Health Interdisciplinary Program Collaborative Care Model
- Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE)
Annual reports and newsletters
VA Healthcare-VISN 4
Get the latest news from VISN 4 in our Vision for Excellence newsletter and learn how we are improving access to care and earning Veterans' trust.
Read the latest VISN 4 annual report for news about the many accomplishments across our network and what we have been doing to provide excellent care for Veterans.