If you have symptoms of COVID–19, contact your primary care provider or nearest VA healthcare facility.
VA Medical Center Update: Entrances, Screening, and Visitor Access
Attention Veterans and Visitors
As a result of the decrease in the Memphis COVID-19 positivity rate, Memphis VA Medical Center instituted changes on visitor access to the medical center effective May 5, 2022.
- Open all hospital entrances;
- Eliminate MSAs for screening and utilize self screening/attestation signage at each entrance (including CBOCs) for patients, visitors and employees;
- Return to pre-COVID visitation guidelines.
Facility Entrances and Hours
Bed Tower Entrance
Monday thru Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Emergency Department Entrance
Open 24/7 daily including weekends and holidays
Visitor Access to the Memphis VA Medical Center
Effective May 5, 2022, the following are guidelines related to visitation for inpatient and outpatient settings:
- All patients and visitors must wear a face mask.
- Patients in isolation for COVID-19 will not be allowed visitors except in end-of-life situations.
- Children of all ages can visit patients; however, children under the age of 16 are not allowed to visit patients in the Intensive Care Unit (exceptions can be made for end-of-life situations).
- All children under the age of 16 must be directly supervised by an adult.
- Visitors must follow hand-hygiene policy guidelines, which requires visitors to perform hand hygiene when entering and exiting patient rooms and at other times as directed by staff.
- Visitors of patients in isolation will be instructed to report to the nurse’s station for instructions. Visitors must wear the appropriate PPE for the type of Isolation.
- Visitors are expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting their surroundings and in consideration of all patients. Loud talk, profanity, intoxication, abusive language, or other disruptive behaviors will not be tolerated, and visitors are subject to removal from the premises by Police escort.
All measures are subject to change depending on COVID activity.