Volunteer or donate
VA Milwaukee Healthcare System depends on the goodwill of our supporters. You can make a difference when you help us serve our Veterans.
Become a volunteer
Volunteer opportunities are available for adults. Volunteers can work with patients or behind the scenes to help the VA run smoothly.
- Contact Voluntary Service at 414-384-2000, ext. 41803, or e-mail email@example.com to discuss your interests. New volunteer positions open every day.
Volunteers are required to serve 60 hours in a given year. All new volunteers are required to complete an application, be vaccinated against COVID and the flu, allow us to run background checks and agree to be fingerprinted.
When accepted, new volunteers work with Voluntary Service staff to match to an assignment and complete the volunteer training orientation. Staff in the assignment areas provide additional training and orientation as needed.
Volunteer opportunities will be available for youth ages14-17 during the summer. More information will come out in the spring.
Make a donation
Thank you for generously supporting the Veterans at the Milwaukee VA Medical Center!
Your contributions help with Veterans' experience and aid in their wellness and recovery.
100% of donations benefit Veterans and are tax deductible. As a donor, you may specify how you would like your contribution to be used in support of Veterans.
Please call Voluntary Service at 414-384-2000, ext. 41803
Donate by mail
If you'd like to make a donation to the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center, please send a check (payable to "Clement J. Zablocki VAMC") to the following address:
Clement J. Zablocki VAMC
Attn: Voluntary Service Building 70, Room C-16
5000 W. National Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53295
If you have an area preference, please designate a program area, or reference a GPF number (see list below):
|General Post Fund number||Program Area|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #470||Program Area||Hoptel (Supports the overnight needs of Veterans traveling a distance to receive medical treatment)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #772||Program Area||Trauma/Rehabilitation (Supports the needs of a Veteran that has had multiple traumatic injuries)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #776||Program Area||Homeless Veterans (Supports the needs of the homeless Veteran population)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #777||Program Area||Spinal Cord Injury (Supports the needs of Veterans with spinal cord injuries)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #798||Program Area||Mental Health (Supports the needs of Veterans receiving mental health treatment to include those diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #799||Program Area||Suicide Prevention (Supports the needs of Veterans)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #800||Program Area||Women's Health (Supports the needs of female Veterans)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #1110||Program Area||Library (Supports the educational & recreational needs of Veterans through books and audio/visual resources)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #1152||Program Area||Recreation (Supports the recreational activities & outings for Veteran patients)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #1174||Program Area||Fisher House (Supports the needs of Veterans’ families who are staying for extended time in the FH while the Veteran is receiving inpatient medical treatment)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #1175||Program Area||Walk a Mile or More (WAMM) (Supports Veterans that are in an exercise group that meets regularly, for holiday parties, t-shirts, and incentives)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #1200||Program Area||Palliative Care (Supports the needs of Veterans that are end of life)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #1210||Program Area||Social Work Emergency Fund (Supports the emergency needs of Veterans, such as transportation)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #1300||Program Area||Community Living Center (Supports the needs of Veterans in a Nursing Home setting)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #3000||Program Area||Vet Center (Supports Combat Veterans and their families by providing a broad range of counseling, outreach, and referral services)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #6000||Program Area||Transitional Rehabilitation (Supports the needs of Veterans participating in a residential program in a therapeutic “real world” setting with a focus on progressive return to independent living)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #9070||Program Area||General Post Fund (Supports the needs of ALL Veteran patients; if a monetary donation comes in without a GPF designation, it is deposited into this account)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #9074||Program Area||Occupation Therapy, Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy (Supports the needs of Veteran patients who are receiving Therapy in Occupation Therapy, Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #9200||Program Area||Holiday Fund (Supports the holiday needs of Veterans during the holiday season)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #9881:||Program Area||Chaplain Fund (Supports the religious needs of Veteran patients)|
|General Post Fund number||GPF #9888||Program Area||Vet Recovery Day Treatment (Supports the psychosocial needs of Veterans that have a severe mental health diagnosis)|
How to make a material donation in person
Some donors prefer to make monetary contributions to the Milwaukee VA Medical Center, and others prefer to donate goods needed by Veterans. We accept donations at our facility, 5000 W. National Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53295.
Your material donations are used to support Veterans at our medical center.
For more information on donating materials, or to schedule a time to drop off your donation, please contact Voluntary Services at:
Phone: 414-384-2000, ext. 41803
Donate money or time
Wish List for VA Baby Shower
The Milwaukee VA will be hosting a baby shower for our expectant or new moms on March 15, 2023, and is seeking donations for the event. We are seeking the items below for this wonderful event to honor our moms.
Call Voluntary Services at 414-384-2000, ext. 41803, before you make a purchase to confirm if the item(s) still is needed.
We are asking all donations be delivered to Voluntary Services by January 16, 2023. Thank you for your support!
- Retail store gift cards (any amount) used to purchase any items still needed.
- Tote bin with lid - 18 gallon (Qty 16) used to place gifts in to give to mothers.
- Baby hanging rattle toys, colorful animal bell soft baby sensory rattles with teether- 4 pack (Qty.5)
- Soft baby cloth book, crinkle elephant fabric infant book (Qty.16)
- Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker- Jungle blocks, portable baby rocking chair (Qty. 5)
- Fisher-Price Deluxe Kick & Play Piano Gym, green gender neutral (Qty. 5)
- Vtech GearZooz 2-in-1 Jungle Friends Gear Park (Qty. 5)
- Bright Starts Jungle Vines Comfy Baby Bouncer with Vibrating Infant Seat, Toy Bar and Taggies, elephant and sloth plush baby toys (Qty. 5)
- Shynerk baby car mirror (Qty.16)
- Baby safety kit, 58-pack baby proofing essentials kit (Qty.14)
- Stove knob covers 5+1 pack (Qty. 5)
- Elephant water pump baby shower head (Qty. 5)
- Skip Hop Moby baby bath essential set, gray (Qty. 5)
- Boppy nursing pillow and positioner (Qty.15)
- Instant warmer baby bottle warmer, Kisdream formula maker (Qty. 5)
- HoMedics white noise sound machine, battery or adapter charging (Qty.16)
- 4 in 1 baby carrier 8-32 lbs. (Qty.16)
- Zoo animal squirt bathtub toy (Qty.16)
- 4-in-1 jumbo baby activity gym and ball pit sloth (Qty. 5)
- Safari bamboo infant swaddle blankets (Qty.15)
- Towel and washcloths set, elephants (Qty.16)
- Graco Pack 'N Play On The Go Playard, Kagen (Qty.15)
- Custom onesie, size 12 months, saying: My Mommy is a HERO and with military branch emblems (Qty.16)
Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center Wish List
Our Wish List shows what items are needed by the Milwaukee VA Medical Center and how you can help.