Communications and Outreach
The mission of the Communications & Outreach Team is to empower, inspire, connect, and inform Veterans, employees, caregivers, stakeholders, and influencers. We develop, direct, and resource internal and external communications on behalf of VA New Jersey Healthcare System.
Media and press
The Office of Public Affairs can assist local media with queries, interview requests, and expert information about the VA New Jersey Healthcare System.
Contact us at VANJHCSCommsTeam@va.gov
Community Outreach Coordinator
Our Community Outreach program fulfills the VA Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, and Excellence (ICARE) by providing timely, high-quality communications products and meaningful, veteran-focused community outreach to the public.
We provide direct lines of communication from VANJHCS to:
- Local, county, state, and federal government offices
- Veterans service organizations
- Adjacent community health systems and offices
- Non-profits organizations, religious organizations, and other civic groups
- Colleges and universities
- Law enforcement and first responder agencies
- Other entities as requested
To schedule an community outreach event, please contact David.Brimmer@va.gov with the following information.
- Suggested date and time of event
- Virtual or in-person
- Approximate size of audience
- Veterans (and/or Caregivers) or providers
- Interested topics to be covered
Please contact Veterans Justice Outreach Coordinator, Mark Correale, to inquire about outreach services to prisons, jails and the criminal justice system :
Phone: 908-647-0180 ext. 21-5126
Veterans Justice Outreach and Health Care for Re-entry Veterans Coordinator
Phone: 973-676–1000 ext. 20-2383