Effective June 2, 2023, an updated masking policy went into effect for the Raymond G. Murphy VA Medical Center and our New Mexico VA outpatient clinics and facilities.
Effective June 2, 2023 VHA Health Protection Level is Green. Visitation and Masking Policy:
• Visitations are no longer restricted in outpatient settings, or for non-COVID inpatients
• Visitors over the age of 18 will be relaxed to cover the age of 12 (policy prior to COVID)
• Children under the age of 12 are allowed only in outpatient areas. If there are extenuating circumstances contact the Care Team prior to arrival
• Visitors of COVID patients are welcome but will be instructed to check in at the nurse's station for instructions and guidance on donning and offing to maintain proper isolation during their visit
• Visitors to CLC must remained masked in common areas
• Masking will no longer be required for inpatient units, including ICU, medical and surgical beds as well as inpatient SCI and mental health units. They are also not required for outpatient clinical settings, congregate settings or laboratory areas. Administrative areas and hallways also do not require masking. Masks will remain available throughout the facility and different stations and clinic areas. Anyone who feels more comfortable wearing a mask is encouraged to do so
• We encourage our staff to alert visitors to the requirement that they be free of symptoms during their visit and to provide any symptomatic individual with a face mask.