Office of communications & community engagement
The office of communications & community engagement is your source for news, publications, social media, and web content.
We share information, publicize VA's achievements, and tell our Veterans' stories. We always strive to educate our stakeholders about VA North Texas's high-quality, safe health care, advanced technology and equipment, and talented, skilled physicians, nurses, and staff.
- Responds to media inquiries
- Provides subject matter experts for media interviews
- Schedules and coordinates media interviews
- Shares fact sheets and statistical information
- Provides photos/images of facilities
- Distributes information about VA-related outreach and events
Media relations policy
- Advance notice of on-site interviews is necessary, so staff can arrange locations for media interviews or photo shoots, and coordinate appropriate story sources.
- Adherence to federal guidelines regarding patient privacy as outlined by the 1996 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), requires media visiting our facilities be escorted by one of our staff members. This also ensures you receive the most accurate information in the timeliness manner possible.
- Media access may be limited or denied to any area of a facility at the discretion of the VA North Texas executive medical center director, the patient's health care team, or individual physicians.
- The office of communications & community engagement is required to complete VA Form 10-3203 "Consent for Use of Picture and/or Voice" prior to making or using pictures, video, or voice recording of any VA patient.
- All media personnel are asked to check in with the office of communications & community engagement or VA Police upon arrival on VA grounds.
- The office of communications & community engagement wear a VA-issued media pass at all times while on campus at any VA North Texas facilities or clinics.
- The office of communications & community engagement return the VA-issued media pass to VA Police or the office of communications & community engagement upon departure.
School research projects
If you wish to interview a Veteran about their military experience, you are encouraged to contact a Veterans Service Organization for assistance. Here are some resources outside of VA:
- Veteran Service Organizations
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- American Legion
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Disabled American Veterans
- Women Veterans of America