Medical Foster Home Program
The Medical Foster Home Program (MFH) is a nursing home alternative program that offers safe, long-term care options for a Veteran in a Caregiver's home. MFH is an affordable, 24-hour care option in the community supported by The VA's Home Based Primary Care Program.
Want to Make a Difference in the Life of a Veteran?
The Oklahoma City VA Health Care System is seeking caregiver applicants for its Medical Foster Home Program.
Care you'll receive
All Veterans are visited by the Oklahoma City VA Healthcare System's Home-Based Primary Care Team, who provide primary care case management in the foster home. Regular visits are made by our team, which includes primary care providers, nurses, social workers, dieticians, psychologist, occupational therapists and recreational therapists.
Medical foster home features
- Furnished private room
- 24-hour care plan; your caregiver lives in the home and provides hands on daily care
- Medication management
- Personal care (dressing, grooming, bathing, etc.)
- Meals, laundry, cleaning
- Flexible daily routine with various recreational options
- Long term care option, including through hospice care
- Signed care agreement between caregiver and the Veteran or their legal representative
- Personalized care
- Maximum of 3 residents per home
- High quality care outcomes and high Veteran satisfaction results