Find out how to refill your prescriptions, where to pick up new prescription orders, and how to safely dispose of your medicines at a VA Orlando health care facility.
Refill your prescriptions
Your VA health care benefits include prescription medicines and medical supplies prescribed by your VA health care team.
Be sure to order your refills at least 10 days before your supply runs out.
We mail most prescription refills through the U.S. Postal Service. For medicines that need to be kept refrigerated, or certain types of medical supplies, we may send your order through FedEx or UPS.
With our VA Prescription Refill and Tracking tool, you can refill your VA prescriptions, track their delivery, and create lists to organize your medicines.
Three ways to refill your VA prescriptions:
Automated Refill Phone Line
- You will need your Social Security # and Rx #
- For English press 1, for Spanish press 2
- Next, enter your Social Security number followed by #
If you are ordering a refill and you have your Rx #:
- Press 2, then 1, then enter your Rx # followed by #
- **If your Rx # ends in a letter, do NOT enter the letter**
If you are ordering a refill and do not have your Rx #:
- Press 2, then 8
Online via MyHealtheVet
- Requires initial set up/authentication
- Refills can be obtained after signing in
Download the VA Health Rx Refill app
- Available on Apple and Android mobile devices. Login with ID.me, DS logon Level 2, or My HealtheVet Premium account credentials
Pick up new prescriptions
You can pick up new prescription orders at one of our VA Orlando health care pharmacies.
We ask that you don't try to refill prescriptions in person, so our pharmacists can focus on providing care to Veterans with urgent needs and new prescriptions. Refills are only available online, by phone or mail.
Orlando VA Medical Center (Lake Nona)
13800 Veterans Way, Orlando, FL 32827 (main building, first floor)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30AM -6:00PM, ET
Lake Baldwin VA Clinic
5201 Raymond Street, Orlando, FL 32803 (Building 500)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM-5:30PM, ET
Viera VA Clinic
2900 Veterans Way, Melbourne, FL 32940 (first floor)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM-6:00PM, ET
William V. Chappell, JR. VA Multispecialty Community Based Outpatient Clinic
551 National Health Care Drive, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Monday, 8:00AM-4:30PM, ET
Tuesday through Friday, 8:00AM-5:30PM, ET
Contact us with questions about your prescriptions
Phone: 800-922-7521, select 1
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. MT
Safely dispose of your medicine
Drop off your expired or unwanted medicine at a MedSafe box. Disposing of your medicines safely can help protect other people as well as the environment.
You can find the large blue MedSafe boxes at:
- Orlando VA Medical Center (Lake Nona)- located in the main hallway across from pharmacy.
- Lake Baldwin VA Medical Center- located near the main information desk of building 50.
- Daytona Beach VA Multispecialty Clinic - located next to the pharmacy window.
- Viera VA Outpatient Clinic- located adjacent to pharmacy window.