Explore Orlando VA's diverse program offerings, which include patient health care, cutting-edge clinical research, and other specialties.
Orlando VA Community Nursing Home Referral Process & Contacts
Veterans may be eligible for the VA to authorize their care in a Community Nursing Home. Veteran eligibility is explained in VHA Notice 2020-32 (Refer to the document at the bottom). Community providers are encouraged to verify eligibility before submitting a referral.
To determine eligibility, please contact:
- If discharging from a hospital, please contact the Orlando VA Discharge Planning Coordinator at 407-785-4563
- If the Veteran is not currently hospitalized, please contact your Orlando VA PACT Social Worker to verify eligibility.
Referrals from a Community Hospital
After eligibility is confirmed, the following hyperlink outlines a referral checklist for hospital case managers to follow and provides contact information for follow-up (Refer to CNH Referral Hospital Checklist at the bottom).
Referrals from outside a Community Hospital
For Veterans being referred for VA-authorized Community Nursing Home placement from a non-VA Skilled Nursing Facility, from a Hospice Inpatient Unit, or from home, please contact your Primary Care Social Worker for eligibility. This hyperlink provides a referral checklist to follow (Refer to CNH Referral Non-Hospital Checklist at the bottom). Records should be submitted to the PACT Social Worker to coordinate the referral.
Community Nursing Home List
Please follow this hyperlink for a current list of Orlando VA’s contracted Community Nursing Home facilities: (Refer to the OVAHCS CNH List 2022 website version at the bottom)
Optum Customer Service 888-901-6613
to join network or check status of recruiting.
Orlando VA Community Health Nursing: Home Care Discharge Resources & Contacts
Eligibility For Home Care
- All veterans are eligible for homecare services regardless of service connection disability. Veterans Must be enrolled at time of request.
- If Veteran is NOT enrolled, please ensure that he/she presents to the VA clinic Interim care clinic to establish care
- For further enrollment question, please contact the enrollment office at 321-637-3788
Referral for Homecare Services
For homecare referrals to include need for oxygen, DME, Tube feeding, Life vest, IV, Trach, VAC, auth request, and electronic prescription, please access the Homecare Resource forms and complete the necessary referral forms.
Homecare Resource Forms: