Committee member information
Find information about participating in VAPHS Research Review Committees.
Research and development committees
Policies and procedures
Members of research and development committees must have earned the Human Subjects Protection requirement through CITI; committee members only need to complete this course once every three years.
Please contact the Research Office for a list of additional courses that may satisfy this requirement.
Institutional Review Board (IRB) resources
Review checklists, policies, and resources
Members of the IRB may access policies, standard operating procedures, and checklists in ProSPECT.
Members of the IRB must have earned the Human Subjects Protection requirement through CITI; committee members only need to complete this course once every three years.
Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) resources
Policies and Procedures
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, NRC 2011
- Public Health Service (PHS) Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Animal Welfare Act (as amended)
- The Health Research Extension Act of 1985 (Public Law 99-158)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Guidebook (OLAW/ARENA) (PDF)
IACUC members must complete the Essentials for IACUC Members CITI course every two years.