VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System is hiring medical support assistants and all you have to do to apply is email us your resume. If we call you for an interview on Jan. 20 or 21, we might hire you on the spot.
Successful, qualified candidates will work either in inpatient or outpatient care at one of our campuses in Oakland and O’Hara Township (near Aspinwall). A variety of schedules are available.
Medical support assistants (MSAs) perform clerical and office duties and provide customer service. They answer phones, greet Veteran patients, schedule appointments and consults, help determine a clinic’s daily needs, verify and update insurance information, and more.
Depending on qualifications, starting pay may be anywhere between $28,000 and $40,000 (GS 3-6).
- 11 paid holidays annually.
- The ability to accumulate up to 13 paid sick days annually and between 13 AND 26 paid days annual leave.
- Medical plans for family or self that cover all pre-existing conditions (VA pays up to 75% of health premiums, a benefit that can continue into retirement).
- Flexible tax-free spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses.
- Monthly retirement benefits after five years of service via Federal Employees Retirement System.
- Thrift Savings Plan 401(k).
- Federal Employees Group Life Insurance.
- Long-term care insurance.
Minimum qualifications include great customer service skills, administrative computer skills and the ability to learn and use basic medical terminology. On-the-job experience in clerical, office, customer service, or other administrative work and post-high school education will qualify applicants for the higher grades.
Send your resume to VHAPTHJobs@va.gov. If you qualify, we will contact you to schedule an interview on the H.J. Heinz III campus in O’Hara Township on Jan. 20 or 21. If hired on the spot, you will complete all pre-hiring requirements (including fingerprinting and tuberculosis testing) the same day. COVID-19 screening, masking and physical distancing will be required.
Please note: COVID-19 vaccination is required for all Department of Veterans Affairs employees.