Non-VA Veteran-related community events (running list)
Non-VA Veteran related events in the VA Portland catchment area (SW Washington and Oregon)
Tue. Nov 1, 2022, 12:00 am – 11:59 pm PT
Information on this event posting is provided as a courtesy of VA Portland Health Care System. None of these organizations, agencies or persons are affiliated with VA Portland and VA Portland does not endorse, recommend, or imply a referral to any of these groups or associated activities posted here.
- Attending any of these events or use of any of these services or groups is at your own risk.
- Any posting on here must in some way support Veterans and or the mission of the VA – “…serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans.”
- No postings that include or imply solicitation are allowed.
- VA Portland Public Affairs Office approves all postings on this board and also maintains the right to not post or can remove any posting if they feel it may not be in the best interest of Veterans or VA Portland.
- If interested in posting information on this board, please email VHAPOR-PublicAffairs@med.va.gov.
Wreaths Across America Mobile Education Exhibit
August 19: Walmart, 7600 SW Dartmouth Street, Tigard
August 20: Gresham City Hall, 1333 NW Eastman Parkway, Gresham
August 21: The End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, Oregon City, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Coming to Oregon for the first time ever, the Wreaths Across America Mobile Education Exhibit brings the local community, veterans, active-duty military, and their families together through interactive exhibits, short films, and shared stories.
The exhibit serves as a mobile museum, educating visitors about the service and sacrifice of our nation's heroes and serving as an official "welcome home "station for our nation's Vietnam Veterans.
All veterans, active-duty military, their families, and local community members are invited and encouraged to visit, take a tour and speak with WAA representatives volunteers.
Public tours for the MEE are free and open to the public with COVID-19 safety procedures in place. Members of the media, dignitaries, veterans and other interested groups are urged to come, ask questions, share stories and experience this one-of-a-kind exhibit.
Central Oregon Veterans Stand down
September 2, 2022, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Bend Elks Lodge #1371
63120 Boyd Acres, Bend, OR
Open to all Veterans, homeless & low-income persons.
Lunch provided by the Elks Lodge.
Providing assistance to homeless Veterans & others in need to access food, clothing, Social Security & VA Benefits, employment, health care, housing solutions, employment, substance use treatment and mental health counseling, & more.
Please RSVP as soon as you are able so we can arrange sufficient table space for your organization.
Set up for the event will begin at 8:30 a.m., but the event will start at 9:00 and you are welcome to stay for the duration until 3:00 p.m. The Bend Elks have graciously agreed to provide tables and chairs for all the participants, along with refreshments throughout the day!
If you have any questions feel free to call , 541-383-2793, or respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Erik Nelson, Veteran Services Coordinator, Central Oregon Veterans Outreach
Portland Veterans Stand down
September 9, 2022, registration opens at 8 a.m., event runs 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.., Portland Veterans Memorial Coliseum, 300 N. Winning Way, Portland, OR
The latest details are at Portland Veterans Job Fair & Stand Down | Transition Projects (tprojects.org)
Transition Projects hosts the event with partners with local nonprofits, government officials, corporations, and businesses to offer Veterans.
- Masks will be mandatory and available for all attending
- RESOURCES FAIR featuring 60+ Providers
- • Housing Resources
• Health and Wellness Services
• Dental Care On-site
• Veteran Benefit Providers
• Covid-19 Vaccines Available
• Women and Gender Diverse
Services and Lounge
• Legal Clinic
• Pet Exams and Care
• Breakfast and Lunch
• Hidden Heroes Veteran Photo Display
• Special Entertainment
- Attend and Receive: MILITARY SURPLUS • ESSENTIAL ITEMS • STARBUCKS GIFT CARD
Contact for interested partners:
Roma A. Peyser | Transition Projects , Director of Development
665 NW Hoyt Street | Portland, Oregon 97209
Mid-Willamette Valley Stand down
September 14, 2022, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Salem YMCA, 685 Court St. NE Salem, OR 97301
Open to all Veterans & military service members.
- Job Fair : 11:30-2:00 p.m.
Bring your resume and be prepared to interview
- Resume Building Workshop: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Attend this workshop to improve your resume and learn how to write
effective resume & tailor them to specific job openings & more !
- Balance your budget: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Setting personal goals.
- Spending & borrowing to achieve your goals.
- Strategies for controlling debt and improving credit scores.
- Legal assistance: 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Attorney(s) will be on site to assist Veterans with criminal matters & associated issues . Please have all your legal documents ready .
Learn more about this event.
For logistical questions contact email@example.com.
For volunteer questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
See more events