VA Portland Eye Care Service includes optometrists, ophthalmologists, ophthalmic technicians, dispensing opticians, and other support staff who provide full scope optometric services. Along with the treatment and management of ocular disease, Veterans are also screened and tested for any optical/eyeglass upgrades that may be indicated for routine visual needs.
The Portland VA Optical Shop is OPEN again for Walk-in visits. The Vancouver VA Optical Shop is still by appointment only. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Portland Optical Shop is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. We are closed on Federal Holidays. For Optical services, stop at the front desk on Floor 8C (Bldg. 100) and ask to be seen by the Optical Shop. Once signed in, wait for your named to be called. Optical is first-come, first-served.
Call the Eye Clinic at 503-721-7890 and use the following phone options for services;
Option 1: Scheduling
Option 2: Medications
Option 3: Optical Shop
Option 4: Community Care
Option 5: Urgent Eye Problems
For low vision related services; learn more about the Low Vision Clinic.
VA Portland has four Optical Shops where eligible Veterans can order eyeglasses, have eyeglasses adjusted and repairs done, and have related prescriptions verified.
To set up an appointment at Portland or Vancouver locations:
- Call us at 503-721-7890, option 3, option 1, and then follow the prompts to Portland or Vancouver or...
- Send a secure message via MyHealtheVet to: Eye Clinic_Glasses + Optical Shop_VAPortlandHCS
Due to current staffing, we are not able to answer calls as they come in. Please leave a message and Optical Shop staff member will call you back to set up an appointment.
Optical Shop general hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed all Federal Holidays.
VA Portland Optical Shops are located at:
- Portland VA Medical Center, Eye Clinic, Bldg. 100, 8-C140
Walk-in hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
For Optical service, check-in at the front desk and request to see Optical.
Wait for your name to be called.
- Vancouver VA campus, Eye Clinic, Building 17, 3rd Floor
By appointment only. Call 503-721-7890, Option 3, then Option 1, then Option 2.
- Salem CBOC, Eye Clinic, Suite 130
Walk-in hours: Wednesday, Friday: 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1 to 4 p.m.
- Bend CBOC, Eye Clinic, 2nd Floor
Walk-in hours: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 1 to 4 p.m.
- Eligible Veterans may reorder their eyeglasses without having to visit the optical shop. Reordering is only an option when you have a prior order on record and your frame style is still available to order.
- Fax your prescription to 503-402-2943, or attach it to a secure message via your MyHealtheVet account.
- When sending a fax or secure message for a reorder please include: the last four of your SSN, and your current phone number and mailing address, and “same glasses as last time.”
- If you do not hear from us that your fax has been received, and glasses ordered, please call 503-721-7890, option 3 and follow the prompts to leave a message at the Portland or Vancouver Optical Shop, or the Salem or Bend CBOC Optical Shops.