VA Portland Eye Care Service includes optometrists, ophthalmologists, ophthalmic technicians, dispensing opticians, and other support staff who provide full scope optometric services. Along with the treatment and management of ocular disease, Veterans are also screened and tested for any optical/eyeglass upgrades that may be indicated for routine visual needs.
Currently the Portland and Vancouver VA Optical Shops are open by appointment only, unless in conjunction with another scheduled appointment at the Eye Clinic.
WALK-IN visits are not available at the Portland or Vancouver locations.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Call the Eye Clinic at 503-721-7890 and use the following phone options for services;
Option 1: Scheduling
Option 2: Medications
Option 3: Optical Shop
Option 4: Community Care
Option 5: Urgent Eye Problems
For low vision related services; learn more about the Low Vision Clinic.
VA Portland has four Optical Shops where eligible Veterans can order eyeglasses, have eyeglasses adjusted and repairs done, and have related prescriptions verified.
To set up an appointment... at Portland or Vancouver locations...
... call us at 503-721-7890, option 3, option 1, and then follow the prompts to Portland or Vancouver or...
... send a secure message via MyHealtheVet to: Eye Clinic_Glasses + Optical Shop_VAPortlandHCS
Due to current staffing, we are not able to answer calls as they come in. Please leave a message and Optical Shop staff member will call you back to set up an appointment.
Optical Shop general hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, closed all federal holidays
VA Portland Optical Shops are located at;
- Portland VA Medical Center, Eye Clinic, Bldg. 100, 8-C140
- Vancouver VA campus, Eye Clinic, Building 17, 3rd Floor
- Salem CBOC, Eye Clinic, Suite 130
- Walk-in hours: Wednesday, Friday: 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Bend CBOC, Eye Clinic, 2nd Floor
- Walk-in hours: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Eligible Veterans may reorder their eyeglasses without having to visit the optical shop. Reordering is only an option when you have a prior order on record and your frame style is still available to order.
- Fax your prescription to 503-402-2943, or attach it to a secure message via your MyHealtheVet account.
- When sending a fax or secure message for a reorder please include: the last four of your SSN, and your current phone number and mailing address, and “same glasses as last time.”
- If you do not hear from us that your fax has been received, and glasses ordered, please call 503-721-7890, option 3 and follow the prompts to leave a message at the Portland or Vancouver Optical Shop, or the Salem or Bend CBOC Optical Shops.