Skip to Content


You’ll need to use the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) website to verify your enrollment for Montgomery GI Bill benefits. You can sign in to WAVE now to verify your enrollment. Or keep reading on this page to get answers to questions you may have about WAVE.

How do I verify my enrollment for MGIB?

If you’re using Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) benefits, you’ll need to verify your enrollment on the WAVE website. 

First, sign in to WAVE. Then select “Verify Monthly Enrollment Status.” Follow the instructions on the screen to verify your enrollment in your school or training program.

Note: If you’re using Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits or other VA education benefits, you’ll need to verify your enrollment in another way. 

Find out how to verify your enrollment for other education benefits

You don’t need to verify your enrollment if 1 of these is true for you:

  • You get benefits through the Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program (VEAP), or
  • You get Survivors’ And Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) and you’re enrolled in a college degree program

Why does WAVE say I don’t have a record on file?

You won’t have a record on file in WAVE if either of these is true:

  • We haven’t processed your enrollment paperwork yet, or
  • You’ve been out of school for 6 months and your WAVE record is inactive

Note: If we haven’t processed your paperwork, it could be because we haven’t received it from your school yet. Or we may have received it, but we’re still working on getting you in the system. We receive more enrollment paperwork from schools at the start of each semester, so it can take us weeks to process all of it. 

You also won’t have a record on file in WAVE if you’re receiving any of these benefits that don’t use WAVE to verify enrollment:

  • Post-9/11 GI Bill, VEAP, or DEA for a college degree program
  • Tuition Assistance Top-Up
  • An accelerated payment
  • On-the-job training and apprenticeships
  • Flight training
  • Correspondence training

Should I verify my enrollment if WAVE has the wrong course credits?

Yes. If WAVE is showing the wrong number of course credits, you should still verify your enrollment. Then you’ll need to contact your School Certifying Official (SCO) and ask them to correct the number of credits in your VA record. 

If you receive education benefit payments for more credits than you’re actually taking, you’ll need to pay us back. 

Learn about VA debt management

Note: Schools don’t need to report credit hours that are more than what we consider to be “full time.” So if we consider 12 credit hours to be full time at a certain school and you’re taking 15 credits there, the school may only report 12. This won’t affect your payment rate.

If you have any other questions, please call us at 888-442-4551 (TTY: 711). We’re here Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.

How do you rate your experience on this page?

Error Please select an answer

VA benefits

  • Education and training

    Apply for and manage your GI Bill and other education benefits to help pay for college and training programs.

Need more help?