Skip to Content

How do I get college credits for my military service?

As an active-duty service member, Veteran, or member of the Reserves, you’ll need to request your transcript from your branch of service and share it with schools. Each school then decides how many credits they’ll accept.

Follow these instructions to request your transcript:

Your transcript shows how many credits the American Council on Education (ACE) recommends for experiences like these:

  • Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) training
  • Army Advanced Individual Training (AIT)
  • Military jobs
  • Completed courses

Your transcript may also list courses or jobs not evaluated by ACE.

VA benefits

  • Education and training

    Apply for and manage your GI Bill and other education benefits to help pay for college and training programs.

Need more help?