Skip to Content
Your browser is out of date. To use this website, please update your browser or use a different device.
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Managing your profile

Find out how to get help updating the personal or military information that appears in your profile.

What if my military information is wrong in my profile?

You’ll need to get help changing this information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). You can’t directly update the military service information in your profile. Please contact the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC), and they'll work with you to get it updated. 

You can call the DMDC at 800-538-9552. They're open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (closed on federal holidays). If you have hearing loss, call TTY: 866-363-2883.

What if I need to change my personal information on

The “Personal information” section of your profile, which includes your name and date of birth, can’t be updated online. The way you change this information depends on whether you’re enrolled in VA health care.

If you’re enrolled in VA health care, contact your nearest VA medical center

If you’re not enrolled in VA health care, contact your nearest VA regional office

How do you rate your experience on this page?

Error Please select an answer

Related information

VA benefits

  • Health care

    Apply for VA health care, find out how to access services, and manage your health and benefits online.

Need more help?

Last updated: