Skip to Content
Your browser is out of date. To use this website, please update your browser or use a different device.
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

All articles in: Other topics and questions

Showing 1 - 10 of 13 articles in "Other topics and questions"

  • Article type: Question and answer

    Are service dogs allowed in VA facilities?

    Yes. We allow service dogs of all breeds in VA facilities. This includes VA health facilities, Vet Centers, regional offices, and other properties we own or lease. To enter and remain in a VA facility...

  • Article type: Multiple FAQs

    Claim status tool FAQs

    Find out what kind of information you can get from our claim status tool. And learn how to use the tool to upload new evidence to support your pending claim.

  • Article type: Multiple FAQs

    Commissary and exchange privileges for Veterans

    Find out if you’re eligible for commissary and exchange privileges and what kind of ID you’ll need at checkout.

  • Article type: About

    Find apps you can use

    You can connect these third-party websites and applications to your profile. When you do this, they’ll have access to your personal VA data, like your health or service records. They...

  • Article type: About

    Helpful VA phone numbers

    Find the phone number to call for the help you need.

  • Article type: Multiple FAQs

    How VA education benefit payments affect your taxes

    Learn about the IRS tax rules (called exclusions) for your VA education benefit payments, and find out how your payments affect your tax credits.

  • Article type: Question and answer

    How can I find a VA facility?

    You can search our tool by type of facility, type of service, and location (city, state, or postal code) to find a facility near you.

  • Article type: Question and answer

    How do I get college credits for my military service?

    As an active-duty service member, Veteran, or member of the Reserves, you’ll need to request your transcript from your branch of service and share it with schools. Each school then decides how ...

  • Article type: About

    Request a discharge upgrade or correction

    You can apply for a discharge upgrade by mail or with the help of a Veterans Service Organization (VSO).

  • Article type: Multiple FAQs

    Veteran Identification Card (VIC) FAQs

    You may already have an identification card that you can use to show you’re a Veteran. But if you don’t, you can apply for a VIC to get discounts offered to Veterans.