Skip to Content

All articles in: Other topics and questions

Showing 11 - 20 of 22 articles in "Other topics and questions"

  • Article type: Step-by-step

    How to download and open a PDF form

    We encourage you to download PDFs to your computer or other device instead of opening them in your browser. This is because some browsers have trouble opening PDFs. And sometimes browsers open a PDF b...

  • Article type: About

    How to get free language assistance from VA

    We offer free interpreters and other language assistance to Veterans and family members. Read this page to find out how to get help in other languages by phone or at a VA health facility.

  • Article type: Step-by-step

    How to set up direct deposit for VA travel pay reimbursement

    VA travel pay reimbursement through the Beneficiary Travel program pays Veterans back for mileage and other travel expenses to and from approved health care appointments. Keep reading to find out how ...

  • Article type: About

    Request a discharge upgrade or correction

    You can apply for a discharge upgrade by mail or with the help of a Veterans Service Organization (VSO).

  • Article type: Multiple FAQs

    Submitting a Financial Status Report (VA Form 5655)

    You'll need to submit a Financial Status Report (VA Form 5655) as part of your request for help with certain VA repayment or debt relief options. Read below to learn more about this rep...

  • Article type: About

    VA COVID-19 debt relief options for Veterans and dependents

    To help with financial relief during the COVID-19 pandemic, we paused collection on all new VA benefit debt created between April 6, 2020, and September 30, 2021. We also offered a pause on colle...

  • Article type: Multiple FAQs

    VA debt management

    Get answers to common questions about managing debt related to VA disability compensation, non-service-connected pension, and education benefits. Learn why you may owe us money and how to check y...

  • Article type: Multiple FAQs

    Veteran Identification Card (VIC) FAQs

    You may already have an identification card that you can use to show you’re a Veteran. But if you don’t, you can apply for a VIC to get discounts offered to Veterans. 

  • Article type: Multiple FAQs

    Waivers for VA benefit debt

    A waiver may be an option if you can’t repay a VA debt. Keep reading to learn about waivers for debt related to VA disability compensation, non-service-connected pension, or education...

  • Article type: Question and answer

    What if I don’t want a fiduciary anymore?

    You can ask us to reevaluate your ability to manage your VA benefits at any time. You'll need to send us a written request and any medical evidence (like a doctor's report) th...