Minority Veteran Care
The goal of the Salisbury VA Medical Center Minority Veterans Program is to increase local awareness of minority veteran related issues and develop strategies for increasing their participation in existing VA benefits programs for eligible veterans. The program also ensures that minority veterans receive benefits and services on par with other veterans, encounter no barriers or impediments in their attempts to access those services, and are treated with respect and dignity by VA service providers.
Connect with a care coordinator
Care we provide at VA Salisbury
Our Minority Veterans Program serves all Veterans, including Black Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans, including American Indians, Alaskan Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Island Americans. We focus on:
- Management of the medical center in their efforts to address the needs of minority Veterans
- The needs of minority Veterans in the local community
- Identifying barriers and creating a more accessible environment for minority Veterans
- Informing Veterans of VA benefits, services, and programs
Who do I contact?
The Salisbury VA Medical Center has designated a Minority Veterans Program Coordinator (MVPC) whose role is to:
- Assist management of the Medical Center in their efforts to address the needs of minority veterans
- Focus on the needs of minority veterans in our local community
- Identify barriers and create a more accessible environment for minority veterans
- Inform veterans of VA benefits, services and programs
If you would like more information about the Salisbury VA Medical Center Minority Veterans Program, please contact the Minority Veteran Program Coordinator.