Rural Women's Telehealth Outreach
Serving women who served
Meet the Boost Team!
We are a team of three clinicians and one MSA who are dedicated to serving women who served.
We know it’s challenging to get to VA clinics and it can be hard to find the right medical team. Our goal is to provide telephone and video visits to our rural women Veterans. We want to boost your health, jump-start your care, and link you to the right primary care team.
Who are we?
Dr. Jenny K. Cohen is a California native based in the San Francisco Bay Area. After graduating from UC Berkeley, she completed medical school and Internal Medicine residency at UCSF. She spent five years working as a Primary Care Physician at the county hospital in Oakland where she served as the Associate Medical Director of the clinic and more recently was the Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer for Alameda Health System.
Dr. Cohen is passionate about patient-centered evidence-based care, ensuring that all patients – including the most vulnerable- can access high-quality care, and using technology to improve patient-care.
Currently she sees patients at the San Francisco VA Women’s Clinic where she also teaches the residents, has a primary care telehealth practice at the Yuba City VA Outpatient Clinic, and works with the other members of the Boost Team to serve our rural women Veterans.
In her spare time, she loves rock climbing and spends a great deal of time scaling the granite cliffs of Yosemite, Tuolumne, and Tahoe.
Services available to you
Did you know you can get comprehensive women’s health services through the VA? We want to make sure we partner with you to meet your health and wellness goals and can link you to:
- Cervical and breast cancer screening, menopause treatment, and routine immunizations
- Family planning services, contraceptive care, and infertility evaluation
- VA breast care coordination and referral to diagnostic breast imaging centers
- Office gynecology and surgical gynecology consultation
- Integrated VA maternity care coordination and obstetrical care community care referral
- Women’s health mental health and counseling services
- Women’s health oncology, cardiology, and rheumatology consultation
- Pelvic floor dysfunction physical therapy
- Comprehensive pain evaluation and treatment
- Lifestyle wellness services