Volunteer or donate
VA Southern Arizona Healthcare System depends on the goodwill of our supporters. You can make a difference when you help us serve our Veterans.
Volunteer or Donate
VA Southern Arizona health care is grateful for the continued support of volunteers, donors, and other community partners. Through this generosity we can supplement Veteran services and increase the quality of care to America’s Heroes.
The Center for Development and Civic Engagement (CDCE) at VA Southern Arizona health care manages all volunteers, oversees donations, and facilitates community partnerships and related philanthropic engagement.
Monetary and non-monetary donations are used for the comfort and welfare of our Veterans. Just as the gift of time from a volunteer is needed, non-monetary items such as personal care items are also appreciated. Our list of needs changes often, so please contact us to discuss accepted donations before dropping anything off.
For a current list of needs or to make a donation, please visit https://www.cdceportal.va.gov/donate_at_facility/ and select Arizona – Tucson-Southern AZ VA HCS (678)
Monetary donations are essential in providing supplemental services to our Veterans. Donated funds may be deposited in our general-purpose account for the benefit of Veterans, or may be specified for a particular area:
- General Purpose for the benefit of patients
- Community Living Center
- Fisher House
- Recreation Therapy
- Social Work / Homeless Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Service
- Other programs not listed can receive specific (earmarked) donations too! Contact the CDCE office 520-629-1822) for information.
Become a volunteer
Volunteers provide many important functions throughout the hospital and help make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Coming from a variety of professions, physical abilities, cultural backgrounds, and schedule availability, we match volunteers to assignments that will have the most impact to allow us to extend and maximize services.
The onboarding process includes:
- Submitting a request to volunteer https://www.cdceportal.va.gov
- Being 18 years old (a youth program for students 14-17 is provided during the summer months when visitation and health / safety restrictions permit)
- Completing an application and attending a group orientation/interview
- Completing all applicable screenings (such as a background and health screening)
- Be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and wear a mask
The full onboarding process may take 4 - 5 weeks.
Volunteer assignments are limited at this time. After you submit a request to volunteer online a CDCE team member will contact you to invite you to one of our group orientation/interview sessions held once a month.
The CDCE office does oversee shadowing/observation by individuals NOT seeking academic credit for their time. Observers still must complete the full volunteer onboarding process prior to placement.
To submit a request to volunteer or donate, visit https://www.cdceportal.va.gov
Direct questions to the Tucson VA CDCE office at: