Explore Southern Oregon VA's diverse program offerings, which include patient health care and other specialties.
Electronic Health Record Modernization
Providing quality health care for Veterans is one of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA’s) highest priorities. To support this mission, the Southern Oregon VA and its community-based outpatient clinics is going live with VA’s new electronic health record (EHR) scheduled June 11, 2022. This is a Veteran-centric approach that will better support service members as they transition from military service to Veteran status.
My VA Health
VA is here to help Veterans who are part of the Southern Oregon VA with the new patient portal, My VA Health. Once we have gone "live", Veterans' My HealtheVet accounts will convert over to a My VA Health account.
If you have any issues after the conversion, need help, or can't find the information you’re looking for on this page, please call the My VA Health Support Line at 888-444-6982. Customer service representatives are standing by to help.
Access the patient portal: https://patientportal.myhealth.va.gov
Which web browser should I use?
VA.gov, where you access My VA Health, is not currently compatible with Internet Explorer, which may be the default browser your device uses to access the internet. For the best patient portal experience, VA recommends using one of the following browsers:
How do I save My VA Health as a bookmark on my browser?
- On Microsoft Edge, visit https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/user-login and click the three dots at the top right-hand corner.
- Click “Favorites”
- Once selected, click “Add this page to favorites”
- On Chrome, visit https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/user-login and click the three dots at the top right-hand corner.
- Click the “Bookmarks” button
- Once selected, click “Bookmark this tab”
- On Safari, visit https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/user-login and click the “Share” button on the right of the URL bar.
- Choose “Add bookmark”