Volunteer or donate
VA St. Louis Health Care System extends a heartfelt thank you to our many benefactors and volunteers who enjoy giving something back to America's heroes.
Volunteers provide many important functions throughout our healthcare system and help make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Volunteers perform a number of services for our veterans ranging from driver to nursing aid to caregiver support volunteer. It is our job to match a volunteer's talents with one of our many assignments.
Unfortunately, with the COVID-19 Crisis we are not accepting any new volunteer applications at this time, please check back as this site will be updated when we begin taking applications again. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monetary donations are used for the comfort and welfare of our veteran patients.
- Items needed that Veteran’s families can’t bring them right now
- Music, internet or iPads for facetime communications
- Recreational games and activities
- Hygiene products
Non-cash donations are used to make our patients' stay more enjoyable. We are currently NOT ACCEPTING anything that is used. Items accepted include:
- New clothing items especially sweatpants and sweatshirts (Size L-3XL)
- New undershirts, socks and underwear (Size M to 3XL)
- New shower shoes
- Personal hygiene products (deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste, Chapstick, etc.)
- Facial tissue & hand sanitizer
- New puzzles, games and playing cards
When making a cash or non-cash donation, please fill out our donation form and return it to the Voluntary Service Office. If you have questions or need assistance with your donation, please email us at VHASTLVolunteer@va.gov