COVID-19 Vaccines and Testing
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 VACCINATIONS
At this time, all COVID-19 vaccine doses are being administered as part of normal clinic operations. Call the Tampa VA COVID Vaccine line at 813-558-3999 to schedule your appointment.
Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots
The Tampa VA Healthcare System is now offering second boosters to some individuals (with a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine) if you are:
- 50 years of age or older and your first booster dose was at least 4 months ago.
- Moderate to severely immune compromised and your first booster dose was at least 4 months ago (for some people, this will be a 5th dose).
- 4 months out from a booster dose and had Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) COVID-19 vaccine for both your initial vaccine and your booster.
You are best protected when you are up to date on COVID-19 vaccines! We welcome you and your eligible loved ones to visit us:
How to get your booster:
Call the COVID Vaccine line at 813-558-3999 to schedule your appointment.
- Main hospital/SCI dining room vaccine appointments: 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Patient walk-ins will be accepted if patient is on-site and clinic can accommodate.
- Community-based Outpatient Clinics vaccine appointments: 8:00 a.m. – noon.
- Patient walk-ins will be accepted if patient is on-site at the Primary Care Annex, South Hillsborough (SOHI) and New Port Richey Clinic.
For the latest COVID-19 vaccine and testing updates, please bookmark this page.
The James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital (JAHVH) Main Campus is the only Tampa VA site for COVID-19 testing.
We are only testing symptomatic patients at this site. If you are symptomatic, please contact your primary care provider first to order a test.
The testing location is located in the parking lot of the Main Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)/Polytrauma Entrance.
Hours of Operations are:
- Monday - Friday 6:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday/Sunday/Federal Holidays, Noon - 4:00 p.m.
Home COVID-19 Testing
Order tests now so you have them when you need them. Learn more about COVID-19 testing at VA.