Jobs and careers
Build your career with us! You’ll become part of the nation’s largest health care team, earn great benefits, and enjoy a balanced lifestyle. Working with us is more than a career. It’s a way to show your passion and develop your unique talents.
We're excited you're interested in a career at TVHS! We have positions available at our Nashville, Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, and Clarksville locations.
You can find our latest openings at USAJOBS.gov. Make sure to follow the “How to Apply” and “Required Documents” instructions in each job announcement and enter as much information as possible on your resume. If this is your first time applying for a federal government position, please make sure the position says "Open to the Public."
If you don't see a position available but still wish to work with us, email your resume to TVHS-Careers@va.gov. Our team will work with your interests to help you find your dream career!
TVHS Nursing Careers
We're hiring RNs, LPNs, and nursing assistants. Highly-qualified candidates can receive up to a $10,000 or $20,000 recruitment bonus. Please send your resume, interests, and shift preference to TVHS-Careers@va.gov and TVHNurseRecruiters@va.gov. Make sure to date and list all of your credentials, education and achievements to ensure we offer you the most appropriate compensation. You can also chat with our nurse recruiters at 615-225-3608 or 615-873-7191.
Why work with us
We offer our team members awesome benefits and perks! There's a reason we rank in the top 10 for Best Places to Work in Federal Agencies.
- Unbeatable health insurance benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, life insurance, and more
- Paid time off, sick days, holidays, paternal leave
- Nurses receive 5 weeks of paid time off
- Phenomenal 401k options
- Annual salary increases, cost of living salary increases, and bonus opportunities
- Professional development and tuition assistance programs
- We offer scholarships for nurses interested in their BSN, MSN, and more. We have programs that pay for your MBA, MPH and other professional degrees, and we offer vigorous leadership development programs.
- Nationwide career advancement opportunities
- Partnered with prestigious institutions like Vanderbilt, MeHarry, University of Tennessee, and others
- Dynamic, professional atmosphere serving America's heroes
Alvin C. York VA Medical Center
3400 Lebanon Road
Murfreesboro, TN 37128
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT
Applications and forms
Applying for a job can be confusing. Let us help you.
We have different application forms depending on the position you’re interested in. Here are some commonly used forms to help you get started.
- Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors (PDF)
- Application for Advanced Practice Nurse, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurse (PDF)
- Application for Associated Health Occupations (PDF)
- Application for Health Professions Trainees (PDF)
- Declaration for Federal Employment form (PDF)
- Application for 10-point Veterans Preference (PDF)