Homeless Veteran care
If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless due to financial hardship, unemployment, addiction, mental health or transition from jail, we have staff able to assist you and provide resources.
Care we provide at VA Tomah health care
We help Veterans who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless due to financial hardship, unemployment, addiction, mental health symptoms or transition from jail. Contact a VA Tomah Health care Homeless Veteran services staff ,member to get help with resources for food and shelter needs, including both transitional and permanent housing. Other services offered:
- Job training, life skills development, and education
- Justice system navigation and community reentry from jail
- Resources to prevent homelessness
- Access assistance to addiction and mental health treatment
- Assistance accessing health care
- Ongoing supportive services through case management
Program is available Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. The Tomah VAMC HUD-VASH programs cover the 50-mile radius around the Tomah VA main campus and the 50-mile radius around the Wausau Outpatient Clinic.