Women Veteran Care
Washington DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center is committed to serving the unique needs of women Veterans. This commitment is reflected in our delivery of safe, quality health care in an environment that fosters respect and courtesy.
The Washington DC VA Medical Center provides health care to Women Veterans in a dedicated Women’s Health Clinic, under the direction of a full-time Women Veterans Program Manager and operated by experienced clinicians. Each Veteran is assigned a provider, who understand women Veterans, and will take care of thier primary care and gender specific needs now and in the future.
Care we provide at Washington DC VA Medical Center
Our Women Veterans Program offers comprehensive care services to include:
- Preventive care and mammogram screening
- Gender-specific care
- Family planning and contraception
- Maternity care, childbirth education classes, and postpartum support
- Menopause care
- Osteoporosis screening and management
Gynecology health services (evaluation and treatment)
- Abnormal Pap test
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Gynecologic cancers
Women Veterans have access to a full range of mental health services and counseling services to treat:
- Combat stress
- Substance abuse
- Military sexual trauma
- Intimate partner violence
- Parenting and caregiver concerns
- Stress adjustment from deployment
- Crisis intervention
- Depression, mood, and anxiety disorders
Lifestyle wellness services
- Health coaching
- Mind-body therapies and stress reduction
- Nutrition and weight management
- Peer support and community resources
- Smoking cessation programs
- Physical therapy and chiropractic services
- Management of chronic and complex conditions
- Rehabilitation, homebound, and long-term care
- Endocrine disorders
We are constantly implementing changes to enhance the health care experience for Women Veterans. Recent examples include the installation of baby changing stations, as well as whole health and well-being programs for the mind, body and spirit.
Connect with our Women Veteran Program manager to learn more.
The Women’s Health Clinic is located on the first floor of the Washington DC VA Medical Center, in suite 1E-500. To contact the Women's Health Clinic, call 202-745-8582.