Volunteer or donate
VA West Palm Beach Healthcare System depends on the goodwill of our supporters. You can make a difference when you help us serve our Veterans.
Compassionate Contact Corps
The Compassionate Contact Corps is a social prescription program that offers friendly phone and video visits between trained volunteers and Veterans. The volunteer calls their matched Veteran once per week to provide compassionate conversation and companionship. This program has proven to reduce loneliness and improve overall well-being in Veterans. Volunteers provide compassion, virtual companionship, and support for both the Veteran and Caregivers.
Who is able to volunteer?
Volunteers must be over age 18, attend orientation, successfully pass a background check, and be trained for specific duties.
- Opportunity to build 1:1 connection with one of our nation’s heroes
- Develop empathy & active listening skills
- Flexibility - Program is virtual and can be done anywhere with hours based on your schedule
- Generally 1-2 times per week 15-60 minutes
- Schedule is based on need and availability
West Palm Beach Healthcare System
7305 N Military Trail (Room BC244)
West Palm Beach, FL 33410
Compassionate Contact Corps Coordinator: