West Texas VA Health Care System is hosting a hiring fair for healthcare professionals on Friday, August 18, 2023, whether you’re a new graduate or an experienced professional.
The hiring fair is open to:
- Physicians (internal medicine, family practice)
- Nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and licensed vocational nurses
- Dental hygienists and assistants
- Respiratory technicians
This is a walk-in event, so registration is not required.
Applicants will learn about job openings at West Texas VA and be interviewed on-the-spot. Candidates must be either U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.
Abilene VA Clinic hiring fair
August 18, 2023
5 - 8 p.m. CT
3850 Ridgemont Drive, Abilene, TX 79606
Interviews will be in suite C. Click here for directions.
Applicants must bring the following items to be considered.
- Resume or CV
- Copy of licensure or certification
- If physician, BE/BC in your specialty
- Two forms of identification (one must be a valid driver's license)
- Three references (one supervisory reference and two professional references that can speak to their clinical skills)
Individuals unable to attend may submit their application packages to RESOURCEMGMT@med.va.gov.
Choose West Texas VA
We know choosing where to work is a big decision that can impact you professionally and personally. At West Texas, we value our team members and their unique needs. We offer our team members a host of benefits and perks! There's a reason VA ranks in the top five for Best Places to Work in Federal Government®.
Take a peek at our benefits and perks. For a full list of benefits, visit Employment Benefits (va.gov):
- Unparalleled insurance benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, long-term care coverage, life insurance, and more
- Free medical malpractice insurance for health care providers
- Paid time off, paid sick days, 11 paid federal holidays, paid parental leave
- Competitive compensation
- Regular performance-based increases and accelerated increases for outstanding performance
- Professional development and tuition assistance programs
- Our teaching hospitals provide a full range of services, with state-of-the-art technology as well as education and research
- Dynamic, professional atmosphere serving America's heroes
We provide you with health care services at six locations serving west Texas and southeastern New Mexico. Our facilities include the George H. O’Brien Jr. VA Medical Center in Big Spring and four community-based outpatient clinics in Abilene, Fort Stockton, San Angelo, and Odessa, Texas, and one in Hobbs, New Mexico.
To learn more about the services each location offers, visit the VA West Texas health services page. West Texas VA - where your safe care is our mission.