COVID-19 vaccines: All Veterans, spouses and caregivers can get a COVID-19 vaccine at VA by appointment or walk-in clinic. Visit our vaccine information page
Prepare for a visit: Everyone entering our facilities is screened, and visitors are limited. Face coverings are mandatory. For some needs, you may be able to get care at home by phone or video.
For the latest coronavirus information: Visit the CDC website
PATIENT VISITATION at VA Western New York Healthcare System (VAWNYHS) Buffalo and Batavia Campuses: These changes will remain in place until further notice.
VA Community Living Center resident visitation with family members at our Batavia Medical Center site will be limited and pre-scheduled.
Buffalo Campus visitation:
To ensure the safety of Veterans and staff, and to limit the spread of COVID-19, visitation will remain restricted for the following:
All visitors will be expected to follow this guidance:
Acute Care Units: Visiting Hours 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Hospice/Palliative Care: Visiting Hours 2:00pm – 7:00pm. Hours may vary based on changes in medical care conditions; requires approval of medical care team.
Behavioral Health (10A): Visiting Hours M-F (6:00pm – 8:30pm), Sat/Sun/Holidays (10:30am – 12:30pm) and (6:00pm – 8:30pm)
Essential Visitor (Outpatient Clinics and Services):
Surgery and Procedure Areas:
In all cases the staff are expected to enforce compliance of visitation instructions, including advising the visitor to:
ALL VISITORS WILL BE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDANCE:
• Upon arrival of the visitor to the screening station, the visitor will be screened (including temperature taken as part of screening process) and will not be granted access if exhibiting signs of COVID-19 or any illness including a temperature of 100.0 degrees or greater or exposure to a confirmed COVID-19 person(s).
• Wear a VA provided face covering mask (neck gators, bandanas, face shields are not an appropriate form of a face covering) while in the facility. If visitor does not have a mask, one will be provided.
• Perform hand-hygiene when entering facility and before and after visiting a hospitalized Veteran as instructed by staff.
• Refrain from eating or drinking while visiting a hospitalized patient.
• To exit the facility immediately following the visitation.
Thank you for your cooperation!
BEAT COVID-19: SCHEDULE YOUR VACCINATION OR BOOSTER TODAY at 716-862-7868.