Elmendorf-Richardson VA Clinic
Our outpatient clinic offers primary care to help you stay healthy and well throughout your life. Below, you’ll find our address and hours, parking and transportation information, and the other health services we offer at our VA clinic at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage.
Location and contact information
- Everyone must wear a mask and practice physical distancing.
- We may screen you for COVID-19 symptoms at the entrance.
- Approved visitors only. Ask your care team who can visit.
- Ask your team about phone or video appointment options.
Check on Mondays for each facility’s latest guidelines.
- Mon: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tue: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wed: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thu: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fri: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sat: Closed
- Sun: Closed
Prepare for your visit
Click on a topic for more details.
Wheelchair availability: Wheelchairs are available upon arrival for patients who need them to access the building.
Van services for Veterans
Hours: Individual van schedules vary
We work with Disabled American Veterans and county Veterans Affairs directors to provide transportation for Veterans and authorized caregivers to get to scheduled medical appointments.
Non-DAV van services
Many localities in the region provide other van services to Veterans.
Learn more about DAV and the other van services available in your county
Shuttle service at
Local transportation services
Beneficiary travel benefits include round-trip transportation from your home to the medical center, mileage reimbursement, or special mode transport.
Your Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC) must be registered at the Richardson Visitor Control Center to get on base if you do not already have base access.
- You must register your VHIC once each year.
- The Boniface Visitor Control Center is currently closed, you must use the Richardson Visitor Control Center.
- If you do not already have a VHIC, call 907-257-4700 and asked to be transferred to our Eligibility office for more information.
In the spotlight at VA Alaska health care
Health services offered here
Click on a service for more details like location, contact, and appointment information.
Your VA primary care provider will work closely with you to plan for all the care you need to stay healthy and well throughout your life, including immunizations and vaccinations. They will also work with family members or caregivers who support you.
- Mon. 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tue. 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wed. 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thu. 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fri. 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sat. Closed
- Sun. Closed
Contact us to schedule, reschedule, or cancel your appointment. If a referral is required, you’ll need to contact your primary care provider first.
Referral required? No
Walk-ins accepted? No
Primary Care and Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT)
Your primary care health care team includes physicians, physician's assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and administrative staff. Your team will partner with you on all aspects of your health with a focus on prevention and health promotion. Your primary care team can coordinate the many services you receive such as:
- Minor Procedure Clinic (injections and dermatology)
- Comprehensive Women's Healthcare
- Diabetes Management
- Liver Disease Management