VA Boston Healthcare System offers a temporary stay at The Lodge at Huntington House at no charge for eligible patients and their caregivers.
Welcome to Huntington House!
Our goal is to provide a comfortable, convenient place for Veterans and their caregivers to stay while receiving outpatient medical treatment. Veterans can be relieved of some of the burdens of commuting long distances and the financial stress of having to pay for lodging.
Who can stay?
In order to be eligible to stay at Huntington House, Veterans must:
- Live at least 50 miles away
- Be scheduled for a qualifying appointment at VA Boston
- Be able to care for themselves or bring an adult caregiver to assist throughout their stay; caregiver must be willing to share a room with the Veteran
- Have a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of check-in (testing available at Jamaica Plain and West Roxbury campuses)
When you stay at Huntington House, you are provided with a private room in a hotel-like setting, where each room is furnished with a bed, cable TV, alarm clock, telephone and refrigerator. Please note, some rooms do have shared bathrooms. Additional amenities include:
- Laundry rooms on every other floor
- Handicap accessible rooms available on request
- Free parking on medical center grounds
- Computer available on 1st floor
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Flexible length of stay
- Kitchen, dining area and lounge on every floor
Huntington House staff members are available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Check-in begins at 1:00 p.m. and check-out is at 11:00 a.m. Guests arriving after 4:00 p.m. will report to the VA Police on the 1st floor of the Medical Center to check-in.
Responsibilities of the Veteran:
Veterans are responsible for providing their own personal care items. Toiletries are not provided.
Guests are also responsible for providing their own meals. Guests may choose to prepare meals in the common kitchen (stocked with pots, pans, and utensils), purchase them at the VA Cafeteria (7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday) or use local restaurants.
Guests should bring any medical equipment necessary to ensure a comfortable stay.
A free VA shuttle runs every half hour between the Jamaica Plain and West Roxbury campuses Monday – Friday, beginning at 7:00 a.m. A shuttle to West Roxbury also departs from Huntington House at 5:30 a.m. for guests with early appointments. The last shuttle leaves at 5:00 p.m.
Booking a room:
Interested in staying at Huntington House during your next visit? Please contact your medical provider. A consult must be submitted to secure a reservation.
For questions or further information, please contact:
The Lodge at Huntington House
VA Boston Healthcare System
150 So. Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02130