VA Butler Health Care System offers the COVID-19 vaccine to all Veterans, their spouses and caregivers at no cost. We provide the vaccine on a walk-in basis at our Abie Abraham VA Health Care Center (HCC) Monday through Friday.
Walk-In Clinics at the Abie Abraham HCC
All Veterans, enrolled in VA health care or not, their spouses and caregivers can receive the vaccine on a walk-in basis at our Abie Abraham VA Health Care Center (HCC) Monday-Friday. The COVID vaccine booster clinic is currently closed pending availability of the booster vaccine.
VA Butler Healthcare System offers the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine to:
- All Veterans
- Spouses and surviving spouses of Veterans and Caregivers of Veterans. For COVID-19 vaccine eligibility, we define a caregiver as a family member or friend who provides care to a Veteran. Caregivers may help a Veteran with personal needs like feeding, bathing, or dressing. They may also help a Veteran with tasks like shopping or transportation.
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters:
The Butler VA is now offering updated COVID-19 booster vaccines, also called bivalent vaccines. Given the fast spread of the Omicron variant, getting an updated booster as soon as you are eligible is critical.
Updated Booster Shot Eligibility
The CDC recently issued recommendations for getting an updated COVID-19 booster. The following people should get a booster:
- Individuals 18 years and older who completed primary series vaccination with two doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna or Novavax COVID-19 vaccine at least 2 months ago, or with a Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at least 2 months ago. People who have received one or two prior booster doses are also eligible 2 months after their most recent dose. These individuals can get either a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 updated booster.
- Adolescents 12-17 years old who completed initial series or booster vaccination with a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine at least 2 months ago. Persons under age 18 can only get a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for their initial series and for their updated booster.
If you received your updated booster outside of the VA, we encourage you to share this information with your VA health care team. You can do this by adding your vaccine information to your MyHealtheVet health summary for your own records. To add your information, you’ll need a premium MyHealtheVet account. Learn more about managing your COVID-19 vaccine records online.
COVID-19 safety precautions are in effect at all VA Butler Healthcare System facilities. Veterans who have questions regarding COVID-19 vaccines or boosters are encouraged to speak to their health care provider.
To receive email updates:
- From VA Butler Healthcare System, subscribe to Butler VA health care news and announcements
- From VA, sign up on VA’s vaccine information page (More information is available here about the Save Lives Act.)