Skip to Content

VR&E Reemployment track

As a Veteran, you’re protected under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA). This means you can’t be disadvantaged in your civilian career because of your service.

If you’re a Veteran with a service-connected disability, the Reemployment track can help your employer accommodate your needs. Your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) can provide a full range of services, and can refer you directly to the Department of Labor to begin the process. Find out how Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) can help you return to your former job and support your employer in meeting your needs.

Can I get help returning to my former job through VR&E?

You may be eligible for help if you’re a Veteran with a service-connected disability, and you meet all of these requirements.

All of these must be true:

  • You have an employment barrier or handicap, and
  • You’re enrolled in Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E), and
  • You’d like to return to your former job

Note: Having an employment handicap means your service-connected disability limits your ability to prepare for, obtain, and maintain suitable employment (a job that doesn’t make your disability worse, is stable, and matches your abilities, aptitudes, and interests).

What kind of benefits can I get?

Help with the process of returning to the job you held before you deployed.

How do I get these benefits?

First, you’ll need to apply for VR&E benefits. Then, you’ll work with your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC). If you’ve received your VA disability rating, you can apply online right now.

Apply for VR&E benefits

If you're eligible, we'll invite you to an orientation session at your nearest VA regional office.

Learn more about how to apply

Note: You can apply if you’re a service member who hasn't received a disability rating yet.

Get more information

We offer opportunities to get training and practical hands-on work experience at the same time through programs like:

We also offer: