Post-9/11 GI Bill Statement of Benefits
If you were awarded Post-9/11 GI Bill education benefits, your GI Bill Statement of Benefits will show you how much of your benefits you’ve used and how much you have left to use for your education or training. These education benefits can help cover some or all of the costs for school or training.
You’ll be able to view this benefit statement only if you were awarded education benefits.
Am I eligible to use this tool?
You may be eligible to use this tool if you meet all of the requirements listed below.
Both of these must be true. You:
- Have applied for Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits, and
- Received a decision from us on your application
Note: At this time, the GI Bill benefit statement isn't available online to family members and dependents. You'll need to request a new Certificate of Eligibility letter to check your GI Bill benefit status. To request a COE, please call the Education Call Center at 888-442-4551. We’re here Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.
And you must have one of these free accounts:
- A premium My HealtheVet account, or
- A DS Logon account (used for eBenefits and milConnect), or
- A verified ID.me account that you can create here on VA.gov
Note: If you use DS Logon, you’ll need to verify your identity online as part of our sign-in process.
What benefits information will I be able to see?
In your Post-9/11 GI Bill Statement of Benefits, you’ll see:
- If you have any Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits
- How much money you have left to use for your education or training
- How much time you have left to use these benefits
What if I’m having trouble seeing my Statement of Benefits?
Your Post-9/11 GI Bill Statement of Benefits might not be available if one of these is true:
- The name on the account you’re signed in with doesn’t exactly match the name we have in our Post-9/11 GI Bill records.
- We’re still processing your education benefits application, so we haven’t created a record yet for you. We usually process applications within 30 days. If you applied less than 30 days ago, please check back soon.
- You haven’t applied yet for Post-9/11 GI Bill education benefits.
Apply for education benefits
- You’re not eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits.
- You’re trying to access the tool during its scheduled downtime. This tool is available Sunday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, and Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.
If none of the above situations applies to you, and you think your Statement of Benefits should be here, please call the GI Bill Hotline at 888-442-4551.