Post-9/11 GI Bill Statement of Benefits
If you were awarded Post-9/11 GI Bill education benefits, your GI Bill Statement of Benefits will show you how much of your benefits you’ve used and how much you have left to use for your education or training. These education benefits can help cover some or all of the costs for school or training. You’ll be able to view this benefit statement only if you were awarded education benefits.
Am I eligible to use this tool?
You may be eligible to use this tool if you meet all of these requirements.
Both of these must be true:
- You applied for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits, and
- You got a decision from us on your application
Note: At this time, the GI Bill benefit statement isn’t available online to family members and dependents. You’ll need to request a copy of your education decision letter by mail to check your GI Bill benefit status.
Find out how to get a copy of your education decision letter by mail
And you must have 1 of these free accounts:
- A verified Login.gov account, or
- A verified ID.me account, or
- A Premium DS Logon account (used for eBenefits and milConnect), or
- A Premium My HealtheVet account
What benefits information will I be able to see?
In your Post-9/11 GI Bill Statement of Benefits, you’ll see:
- If you have any Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits
- How much money you have left to use for your education or training
- How much time you have left to use these benefits
What if I can’t access my Statement of Benefits?
Your Post-9/11 GI Bill Statement of Benefits might not be available if 1 of these is true:
- The name on the account you’re signed in with doesn’t exactly match the name we have in our Post-9/11 GI Bill records.
- We’re still processing your education benefits application, so we haven’t created a record yet for you. We usually process applications within 30 days. If you applied less than 30 days ago, please check back soon.
- You haven’t applied yet for Post-9/11 GI Bill education benefits.
Apply for education benefits
- You’re not eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits.
- You’re trying to access the tool during its scheduled downtime. This tool is available Sunday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, and Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.