Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
You can call the VA health facility where you want to receive care. This is usually the quickest way to make all your VA appointments. If you can’t keep an existing appointment, please contact the facility as soon as possible to reschedule or cancel. Find your VA health facility’s phone number.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade Your Existing Accounts
Through Secure Messaging
If you have a Vets.gov account or a My HealtheVet Premium account, you can send secure messages to your health care team about non-urgent, health-related questions like scheduling and canceling appointments.
Please note: These online tools only allow you to schedule VA appointments. If you have appointments with non-VA facilities through the Community Care Program, please contact that health care facility directly.