Veterans need to know the VA's plan to protect them as the threat of COVID-19 continues.
Beginning Monday, May 23, 2022, the Veteran Health Administration (VHA) will implement a nation-wide COVID-19 Future State Operational Plan that will roll out three standardized VHA Health Protection Levels – low, medium, and high.
Here’s what to know:
- Implementing the COVID-19 VHA Health Protection Levels (low, medium, and high) will help Veterans and staff know what preventive steps to take based on the latest CDC data when entering a Veteran Health Indiana facility:
- Safety protocols – wearing a mask, screening, visitations, and social distancing
- COVID-19 community transmission level
- On Mondays, signage at all Veteran Health Indiana health care facilities’ screening entrances will reflect the CDC’s Indiana county’s Health Protection Levels (low, medium, or high) and safety protocols for the week.
- Masking will remain in effect regardless of Health Protection Level (low, medium, or high).
If Veterans are experiencing any COVID symptoms, they are asked to contact their PACT Team through the Patient Response Center at 317-988-1772, option 2, for further instructions.