Fisher Clinic operational medicine
Operational medicine provides services related to periodic health assessments (PHAs), deployment health assessments (DHAs), physicals, suitability screenings, deployment screening (IA), separation and retirement screenings.
- Joint registration is required to receive care at Fisher Clinic, NMRTC Great Lakes, and the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center.
- If you have never received medical care at one of our facilities, contact registration at 224-610-3747.
- Appointments can not be scheduled until joint registration is complete.
Periodic health assessments (PHAs)
To complete your Electronic Periodic Health Assessment (ePHA):
Step 1 - Complete the online PHA questionnaire or if unavailable find it on My Navy Portal's Quick Links Electronic Health Assessment or google Navy PHA.
Step 2 - Once the online portion is completed, email our operational medicine team with:
- Your full name (last, first)
- DoD ID number
- Reliable phone number
- Reason for PHA appointment
- You can contact the clinic at 847-688-2469, extension 69203, 69177 or 69036. If you leave a voicemail include the same information required in the email listed above. We will review your information and call you back to schedule within one to two business days.
- Come to Operational Medicine in Building 237 during operating hours with your online portion completed. Our front desk staff will book you for our earliest available appointment after reviewing your record and information.
- Monday-Wednesday and Friday are 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Thursdays are 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
With the increase in PHA traffic please keep in mind availability and patient queue. If possible avoid waiting until the week of to try and schedule your PHA or you may risk ineligibility for PRT due to lack of availability.
PHA appointments can be scheduled over phone. If you choose this, please have your voicemail box set up and the volume on for the day of your appointment.
We will do everything we can to work with your availability, so please let us know of any scheduling conflicts or changes before the day of your appointment so we can help you and minimize no show appointments.
Please avoid sending multiple voicemails or emails. Due to queue time and the number of responses, additional submissions may end up creating a longer wait time. If you have any concerns or issues please contact command IMR/PHA representative.
Deployment health assessments (DHAs)
- Log into the Navy's Public Health Assessment website
- Select log in with “Login ID” (SSN) and Password
- Select the “ Create New Deployment Health Assessment” link
- Select the appropriate Electronic Deployment Health Assessment (eDHA)
- After completing this, email our operational medicine team to notify us your eDHA has been completed.
- We will contact you within three to five business days with an appointment time.
- If you have any questions, contact us at 847-688-2469 extension 89036.
Physicals, suitability screenings, deployment screening (IA), separation and retirement screenings
- For physicals, suitability screenings, deployment screening (IA), separation and retirement screenings, contact us at 847-688-2469, extension 89036 or email our operational medicine team for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- If you need to send us any documentations for a pending physical, please use our safe messaging app and email our operational medicine team with all documentation.
General questions about operational medicine team or to request status of screenings or physicals
- Contact us by phone at 847-688-2469 extension 89036 or email our operational medicine team.
- You can find us at Fisher Clinic at Naval Station Great Lakes at 2410 Sampson St, Great Lakes, IL 60088. Base access is required.