You are viewing this page as a TRICARE beneficiary.
Register for care
Register to get care at one of our Lovell Federal health care - TRICARE facilities. Depending on your status as a beneficiary, you can apply for different TRICARE plans.
- Active-Duty service members are only able to be enrolled in TRICARE Prime.
- Active-Duty family members are eligible to enroll in TRICARE Prime if they live within a Prime Service area (100 miles or a one hour drive from a military treatment facility) or a TRICARE Select plan.
- Reserves/Guard and their family members are eligible for TRICARE Select Reserve.
After separation from the military, eligibility depends on sponsor status:
- Retired (after 20 years) and their beneficiaries are eligible for either TRICARE Prime (depending on where they reside) or TRICARE Select.
- If the sponsor finishes out their current contract and does not reenlist or join the Reserves/Guard, then they and their beneficiaries' TRICARE benefits end on the date of separation.
Sponsoring a dependent as a beneficiary
To get a dependent listed as a beneficiary, you must go to a Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) office with one of the following:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Other documentation to show they are a dependent of the sponsor
Once the dependent is listed in DEERS future changes can be made online. Look for a DEERS office near you.
Find the right plan for you
Register for your chosen plan
- Go to the portal.
- Click on the blue Register with DS Logon button.
- Choose Create New Account.
- Select the Email Registration option.
- Fill out all the information.
Once you have submitted it you will receive an email with a registration code and you will need to follow the instructions included.