Creative Arts Competition
Entries are being sought for the Milwaukee VA's 2022 Creative Arts Competition. The deadline for entries is Aug. 15, 2022.
2022 Creative Arts Competition
This competition is open to Veterans who are eligible to receive care through the Department of Veterans Affairs AND are enrolled at the Milwaukee VA Medical Center, one of its outpatient clinics, or the Vets Center.
Veterans must work with a staff person from the VA facility where they are enrolled to submit entries into the competition.
The competition includes categories in the visual arts division that range from oil painting to leatherwork to paint-by-number kits. In addition, there are categories in writing as well as the performing arts of dance, drama, and music.
Local creative arts competition first-place winners advance to a national judging process, and first-, second- and third-place entries in each category are determined. Selected gold-medal-winning Veterans are invited to attend the National Veterans Creative Arts Festival hosted by a different VA facility each year.
Key Dates to Note
- Milwaukee VA competition deadline: Monday, Aug. 15, 2022.
- Entries must have been completed/recorded after Oct. 1, 2021
- By Oct. 1, 2022, VA facilities will send their top finalists in each category to the national level of the competition.
- National competition winners will be judged and announced in December.
- Check back on this website www.creativeartsfestival.va.gov for the results which will be posted in January 2023.
Rules and Entry Forms
Click on the links below to download the rules and entry forms for the 2022 Creative Arts Competition:
Click here for Form 3203: Consent for Production and Use of Verbal or Written Statements, Photographs, Digital Images, and/or Video or Audio Recordings by VA
2021 Creative Arts Competition Winners
Check out the winners from the 2021 Milwaukee VA Creative Arts Competition: