COVID-19 Vaccine | McClellan
The VA Northern California Health Care System (VANCHCS) is offering COVID-19 vaccinations to all Veterans, their spouses and caregivers, and CHAMPVA recipients.
Latest updates on booster shots and additional doses
Second booster update
You can now get a second booster at least 4 months after your first booster if any of these descriptions are true for you:
You’re at least 50 years old, or
You had the Janssen (J&J) vaccine for both your primary vaccine and your booster, or
You’re moderately to severely immunocompromised
You can choose either the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for your second booster.
Who can get a COVID-19 vaccine at VA
We offer COVID-19 vaccines to these groups:
- All Veterans (including Veterans who live or travel outside of the U.S. and are eligible for the VA Foreign Medical Program)
- Spouses and surviving spouses of Veterans
- Caregivers of Veterans (including family members or friends who provide care to a Veteran)
- Adolescents ages 12 to 17 who are recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
Ways to get COVID-19 Vaccine at McClellan VA Clinic
You can request an appointment at your nearest VA facility, regardless of whether you received your initial series or boosters at VA or in the community. Please bring your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to your appointment! This is particularly important if your initial series was given outside of VA.
- To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-382-8387, press 4 or 5, or stay on the line. We are open to accept calls from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.
- Veterans enrolled in VA health care can also request an appointment by sending a Secure Message to COVID VACCINE SCHEDULING – NCHCS in MyHealtheVet.
McClellan VA Clinic
5342 Dudley Boulevard
McClellan Park, CA 95652-1012