No-cost flu shots available for enrolled Veterans
VA Northern California health care will begin offering no-cost flu shots for enrolled Veterans at the Sacramento VA Medical Center Saturday, Sept. 25. All other VA NorCal sites will begin offering flu shots Monday, Sept. 27.
Why should I get a flu shot?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is especially important for all of us to do our part to help reduce the spread of the flu in our communities. A flu shot is a safe way to help protect yourself and those around you from getting sick and having complications from flu. You should get an updated flu shot every year. The flu shot neither prevents nor causes COVID-19. As a reminder, the flu shot cannot cause a flu-illness, and the vaccine we use does not contain any live virus. Visit the VHA Public Health website for more information.
Routine vaccination prevents illnesses that lead to unnecessary medical visits and hospitalizations.
If you have already received the COVID-19 and/or flu vaccine outside of the VA, provide your nurse with the documentation (date/location), so your records will be updated.
Where can enrolled Veterans get a no-cost flu shot from VA Northern California Health Care System?
During Scheduled Appointments.
Enrolled Veterans can request a flu shot during any scheduled appointment, unless noted otherwise below.
Walk-In Vaccination Clinics
Flu shots are being offered during scheduled appointments at all community-based outpatient clinics. See below for additional flu clinics being offered.
- Location: Building 650, first floor, room 1B131 (flu shot only), auditorium (flu shot and COVID-19 vaccine)
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. PT
- Saturday Clinics: 9/25 and 10/9, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. PT
- Location: Building AB-6
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. PT
- Monday - Friday, 10 - 11 a.m., 1 - 2 p.m.
- Monday - Friday, 3 - 4 p.m.
- Monday - Friday, 9 - 12 p.m., 1 - 3 p.m.
- Monday - Friday, 9 - 10 a.m., 1 - 4 p.m.
- Location: South Parking Lot
- Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. PT
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Fridays, 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
VA’s Community Care Network.
Eligible Veterans can now receive their seasonal flu shots at more than 70,000 Community Care Network (CCN) retail pharmacies and urgent care locations.
What if I received a flu shot outside the VA health care system?
If you received this year's flu vaccine outside the VA health care system, please help us keep your medical records up to date by sending a Secure Message to your care team.