Make an appointment
Find out how to make, cancel, or reschedule a primary care, mental health, or specialty care appointment at a VA Oklahoma City health care facility.
Before you make an appointment
You can make an appointment with us if both of the below are true for you.
- You're enrolled in VA health care, and
- You're registered as a patient at VA Oklahoma City health care
If you're not yet enrolled in VA health care
Apply for VA health care
If you're not registered at VA Oklahoma City health care
Register for care here
Other ways to register for VA health care or request a primary care provider
- By phone: 877-222-8387 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- In-person: Oklahoma City VA Medical Center main campus eligibility office (1st Floor, 1B109) or Lawton VA Clinic.
- Request primary care provider: Phone 405-456-1000 , option 2 or 405-456-3072
Primary care appointments
We offer primary care services at all 17 VA Oklahoma City health care facilities. You can make a primary care appointment online or by phone.
Make an appointment online
Download the VA Health Chat app
VA Health Chat allows Veterans to immediately connect with VA health care clinicians over text-messaging. No need to travel to a VA facility. Just tap the app and start receiving telehealth services from our care team.
VA Health Chat accesses your VA Electronic Health Record and, for your security, requires you to enter My HealtheVet (premium), DS Logon (premium), ID.me, or account credentials.
Mental health care appointments
If you're struggling with stress, anxiety, depression, anger, or other issues, we can help. We offer a variety of mental health (also called behavioral health) and substance abuse treatment services.
How do I talk to someone right now?
If you’re a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one, connect with our caring, qualified Veterans Crisis Line responders for confidential help. Many of them are Veterans themselves. This service is private, free, and available 24/7.
To connect with a Veterans Crisis Line responder anytime day or night:
- Dial 988 then press 1.
- Start a confidential chat.
- Text 838255.
- If you have hearing loss, call TTY: 800-799-4889.
You can also:
For mental health care appointments
There are many ways to get connected to mental health services, here are a few options in which you can call or walk in to request mental health services:
- The Intake Clinic - Oklahoma City VA Medical Center main campus, room 3G-100, phone 405-456-3790
- Contacting your VA clinic directly if you are a patient of a VA clinic
- Contacting your primary care provider
- Present to the emergency room
You can make a direct appointment for mental health services and don't need to get a referral or see your primary care provider first.
For walk-in mental health care
If you need help right away, or if you have a referral from another VA provider, one of our counselors will see you the same day. Same-day mental health and psychiatric help is available for both new and established patients.
Present to Oklahoma City VA Medical Center Mental Health Intake Clinic (third floor, room 3A100 - Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT), or emergency room
Available at Oklahoma VA Medical Center
For walk-in drug or alcohol evaluation and treatment
Same-day help is available through the Substance Treatment and Recovery (STAR) Clinic.
Available at Oklahoma City VA Medical Center
Specialty care appointments
If you already have a primary care provider at VA Oklahoma City health care, you can make a direct appointment for the specialty services listed here. You don't need to get a referral or see your primary care provider first.
For specialty care services not listed here, please contact your primary care provider for a referral.
Audiology and speech
Low vision and blind rehabilitation
MOVE! weight management
Palliative and hospice care
Physical medicine and rehabilitation
Physical therapy, occupational therapy and kinesiotherapy
Plastic and reconstructive surgery
Rehabilitation and prosthetics
Spinal cord injury and disorders
Preparing for your appointment
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Your Veteran Health ID Card (VHIC). If this is your first appointment, we can help you get your picture taken for your card.
- Cards for any other types of health coverage you may have (like Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, or private insurance plan).
- Your appointment confirmation letter.
- List of your current medications including prescriptions, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and any herbal supplements.
Yes, we’ll send you a reminder by phone about your appointment date, time, and location. If you have more than one appointment on the same day, you'll get a phone call for each appointment.
If you want to get reminders by text message
You'll need to sign up to opt in to this service. Visit the patient registration office at our Oklahoma City location. This service is free, but standard messaging rates from your mobile service provider may apply.
Once you sign up to receive text message reminders, you’ll no longer receive reminders by phone call.
If you have more than one appointment on the same day, you'll get one text reminder for all appointments. You can't cancel or reschedule appointments using our text message reminder service.
Please call the clinic where your appointment is scheduled, so we can give the appointment time to another Veteran.
- For appointments at Oklahoma City: 866-835-5273, select 2
- For mental health (behavioral health) appointments: 877-565-9329, select 1
- For appointments at any of our outpatient clinics: Call the clinic where you scheduled the appointment.
If you miss your appointment without letting the clinic know ahead of time, we'll consider you a "no show" and you'll need to reschedule your appointment.
You can also cancel some appointments online.
Please call us as soon as you can. If you arrive more than 20 minutes late without calling ahead of time, we may have to reschedule your appointment.