Lobby entrance: All entrants must enter through building 71 to undergo screening for COVID-19. An additional screening point at building 50 will operate from 6 a.m. Monday through Friday at midnight.
General visiting: Visitation is temporarily limited to family members and designated caregivers of Veterans who are gravely ill or in hospice or palliative care.
Community living center
Entry to the Community Living Center (buildings 50 and 51) is restricted to:
- Individuals who work in buildings 50 and 51
- Veterans who have an appointment
- Family members and designated caregivers of Veterans who are gravely ill or in hospice or palliative care
Out-of-town visitors will be permitted only through March 20.
REMINDER: Wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based sanitizer before and after each visitation.
Adult Day Health Care
Effective March 17, Adult Day Health Care is temporarily closed.
All authorized Community Living Center entrants will:
- Enter through one of two access points (all other entrances are closed):
- The Ambulatory Care Center (building 71)
- Building 50 screening point during limited hours (6 a.m. Monday through midnight Friday)
- Be screened for fever, cough and shortness of breath
The way we screen visitors for COVID-19 changes often. Please be patient with our screeners and practice social distancing when waiting in line:
- Stay six feet from others.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Clean your hands frequently – wash with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
Visitors who screen positive will not be granted access to the Community Living Center.
Do not visit patients if you:
- Have a fever or cough
- Are feeling sick
- Are age 18 or younger
See VA Pittsburgh's full visitation policy