Lobby entrance: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
General visiting: Visitation is temporarily limited to family members and designated caregivers of Veterans who are gravely ill or in hospice or palliative care.
All University Drive entrants - Veterans, staff, visitors, vendors, and contractors - University Drive screening points at the Research Office Building, atrium, and ground floor will be closed after today. Everyone must enter the facility through Heroes Hall.
The ground floor of the parking garage will be for exit only.
The way we screen visitors for COVID-19 changes often. Please be patient with our screeners and practice social distancing when waiting in line:
- Stay six feet from others.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Clean your hands frequently – wash with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
Behavioral health inpatient wards
Not permitted at this time.
Visiting hours are individualized to meet the needs of the patient, family, and caregivers.
Generally, visitors are not permitted. The doctor or nurse may make an exception.
Help keep COVID-19 out of our facility.
- Do not visit if you are sick - If you have a cold, cough, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches or fever, please do not come into the facility.
- Clean your hands - Clean hands with sanitizer before entering and after leaving.
- Visit one resident only - Do not visit multiple people in this visit.
- One visitor per patient at a time.
- No visitors under the age of 18.
See VA Pittsburgh's full visitation policy