Join in on the fun by coming to the Salt Lake City VA Farmers Market, Wednesdays, 11 am – 1:30 pm, August 2 – September 6, 2023. Enjoy a fun and tasty opportunity to gather with Veterans, family, visitors, and staff while enjoying live music from talented Veteran, employee, and community artists.
Each week, the VA Farmers Market will have food trucks, VA Canteen grill, host a fun movement session, food tasting of healthy recipes featuring the star produce item of the week, and information about VA Whole Health/Healthy Living programs. The market is an easy way to be immersed in a relaxing environment and allow everyone to take a step towards better health. Whether it’s energizing your body with movement, relaxing, and connecting with others in the community, or nourishing your body and mind with fresh produce- everyone is welcome to join!
Here at the VA, we believe that the healthy choice should be the easy choice. This year at the VA Farmers Market we are again stepping up and taking action to address food insecurity. Too often those who are food insecure experience barriers when purchasing healthy food. Our mission is to make it easy and affordable for all Veterans experiencing food insecurity to access fresh fruits and vegetables from local Utah community farmers. The produce stand at the market will accept SNAP (Food Stamp) cards, Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program coupons, and Produce Prescription Program vouchers. This weekly market is a great way to increase access to wholesome, nutritious foods, support our local Utah farmers and vendors, and stimulate the local economy. Most importantly, it will empower Veterans, staff, and visitors to make choices to improve their health and overall well-being.
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
- Seniors aged 60 years and older who qualify based on income.
- Receive coupon book worth $50 of Farmers Market produce.
- Use coupons to buy produce at the VA Farmers Market and other participating Utah farmers’ markets.
- For more information visit the Nutrition/Health Promotion Table at the market.
SNAP (Food Stamp) and Double-Up:
- Veterans and visitors with SNAP benefits.
- Use food stamps to purchase produce at the VA Farmers Market and other participating farmers markets.
- $1 to $1 match when using SNAP benefits; up to $30 per market day (twice the produce per food stamp dollars).
Produce Prescription Program:
- Veterans and visitors participating in the Produce Prescription program.
- Produce vouchers can be used to purchase $20 worth of produce.
- Can be used at the VA Farmers Market and other participating Utah farmers’ markets.
- For more information, visit the Nutrition/Health Promotion table at the market.
No change can be given for the SNAP, Double Up, Produce Rx, or Senior Farmers Market vouchers or coupons.