If you’re returning from military service, we’ll help you transition to civilian life. We can connect you with educational and career counseling, mental health services, and other programs and benefits that will support your transition.
The Vet Center offers guidance in many different areas of a Veterans transition process. We work with both active and non-active service members in obtaining resources the Veteran/service member has earned. Below is a list of important resource a Veteran/service member might need:
The Texas Vet Commission
- The Texas Vet Commission Claims Benefits Advisors are available statewide to help you process your VA claim. These services are free of charge, and the Benefits Advisors are all Veterans who have chosen to serve their fellow Veterans and Veteran families. All their Benefits Advisors are well versed on communicating your unique situation to the VA efficiently and effectively.
- Phone number: 512-463-6564
The Bexar County Veterans Service Office
- The Bexar County Military and Veterans Services Center takes appointments for benefits counseling and referral services. Contact the office to set up an appointment
- Phone number: 210-335-6775
- by e-mail: Vets@Bexar.org
Vet Success on Campus
- This program provided will enable student Veterans to make a smooth transition to college life and successfully complete their educational programs. They can also help with Job placement assistance and referrals to state employment agencies. This organization will help a Veteran with any educational questions they may have.
- Phone number: 210-458-8081
Enrollment into Health Care
Audie L. Murphy Memorial Veterans' Hospital
Employment and Housing services
Alamo Area Council of Governments (AACOG)
- The Alamo Service Connection (ASC) staff can help with getting Veterans connected to useful resources, and one-on-one assistance with programs like: Medicare, Social Security, legal aid, housing assistance, home repairs, residential support services, assistance with emergency household expenses, and access to transportation services available in our region.
- Phone: 210-362-5200
American GI Forum/National Veterans
- This organization works with recently discharged Veterans, Veterans with a physical or psychological disability that creates a barrier to employment, homeless Veterans, and Veterans that are ex-offenders now trying to regain a role in society
- Phone 210-223-4088