If you’re struggling with issues like PTSD, depression, grief, anger, or trauma, we offer counseling and other support. We’ll work with you to help you achieve your personal goals.
We offer individual and group counseling. We use evidence-based practices and specialty care, such as the following:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT)
Note: We use this therapy in the Battling Shadows group.
- Mindfulness Based Eco-Therapy (MBE)
- Equine therapy
- Art therapy
- Seeking Safety for PTSD and substance abuse
We also offer the following group therapies. All groups are on a rotating schedule. Call us for dates and times at 605-330-4552.
Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy (MBE)
Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy (MBE) blends mindfulness and ecopsychology. MBE uses nature to facilitate mindful awareness. We use MBE as a framework to help you find deeper connections in your life, and give you more meaning and enjoyment in daily activities.
Equine therapy group
This is an open group: You don’t have to attend all sessions. Intake must be completed prior to first group for new clients.
Location: HorsePower, 26659 Blue Sage Lane, Ste 100, Sioux Falls, SD 57106
- Session 1: The process of trauma and reactions to trauma
- Session 2: Grounding and self soothing
- Session 3: The mind and body connection
- Session 4: Our feelings
- Session 5: Healthy relationships
- Session 6: Endings and beginnings
Battling Shadows Group
This is an 8-session program for Veterans who have experienced trauma and/or PTSD. We use the healing power of nature to enhance the recovery process.
A group referral is needed before joining the group, this includes an initial appointment with a counselor. Family members are welcome to attend the nature activity with the Veteran.
Meeting location: Outdoor Campus, 4500 South Oxbow Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57104 (Sertoma Park)
We’ll meet outside, as weather permits. Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
Combat support groups
We offer several different combat support groups, including women groups.